Are you an experienced Scrum Master looking to grow in a team of highly-skilled, top-talent innovators while working on multiple products in a range of industries?
If so, Altar may be the right place for you.
With us, you’ll help entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention, exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup, Apiax or Coca–Cola.
As a Scrum Master, you’ll ensure development teams follow Scrum framework values and agile practices. You’ll mentor and motivate the team to improve processes while facilitating meetings and decision-making processes and eliminating team impediments in demanding web projects.
With us, you’ll not be alone working with these cutting-edge technologies. You’ll be among a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors, from fintech and marketplace to AI and IoT.
What You’ll Be Doing as a Scrum Master:
- Use Agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions;
- Support Agile teams to follow Agile values, principles, and practices (either Scrum or Kanban) and coach them in self-management and cross-functionality;
- Help find techniques for effective Product Goal definition, Product Backlog management as well to focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done;
- Ensure that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, efficient, meet the initial purpose, and are kept within the timebox;
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration;
- Ensure that all necessary metrics are in place and tracked on a regular basis.
The Hands-On Experience We Need You to Bring to the Table:
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile environment;
- Technical background is required (Development, Product Management, Tester, UX Designer…);
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile SDLC, Scrum Guide and Framework;
- Experience in using JIRA/Confluence;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The Extra Experience We’d Love to See:
- Working knowledge and experience in using agile methodologies, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions;
- We will value experience in managing several teams running in parallel in more than one project;
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM).
Here’s The Cutting Edge Tech Stack We Use:
- Figma – for design, prototyping, and design systems
- Angular 2+, React, Vue, Gatsby, HTML, CSS, and SASS – for Front-End development
- Flutter, ReactNative, and Nativescript – for Mobile development
- NodeJS, ExpressJS, and TensorFlowJS – for Back-End development
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform – for Managed APIs
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, and InfluxDB (TimeSeries) – for DBA Admin
- Cypress, Jest, and Karma – for Testing
- Jira and Confluence –for collaboration and organization.
What You Can Expect from our Recruitment Process:
Our process starts with us screening your CV. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
- A one-hour interview with our Recruitment Team, so we can get to know you better;
- A one-and-a-half-hour technical interview to talk about your skills and experience;
- A final one-hour interview to make sure we’re the right fit for you, and you’re the right fit for us.
Once you’ve completed the process we’ll be in touch to let you know whether or not you were successful. If you’re the right fit, we’ll also give you more details on the next steps to becoming an Altarion.
What You Can Expect from Working with Us:
Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
- A competitive salary that aligns with your experience;
- Health Insurance for you and your household;
- We need you to be eligible to work in Portugal and live in either Lisbon, Porto, Aveiro, or Braga (or be happy to relocate). While we have a remote-first policy, we encourage you to join us at our informal, pet-friendly office environment in the heart of Lisbon;
- Flexible working hours;
- 25 days of paid vacation;
- Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners, and much more.
Full focus on helping you make the most out of your Career
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively
- Global projects with industry-leading clients
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side
If you got increasingly excited about Altar while reading this, then we’re just as excited about you! Apply now and let’s see if we can make you the next Altarion.