Are you an experienced Senior Fullstack Developer looking to grow in a team of highly-skilled, top-talent innovators while working on multiple products in a range of industries?
If so, Altar may be the right place for you.
With us, you’ll help entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention, exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup, Apiax or Coca–Cola.
As a Senior Fullstack Developer, you will be working with both the front and back ends of websites/applications. You will provide a complete, end-to-end service for demanding web projects.
With us, you’ll not be alone working in these cutting-edge technologies. You’ll be among a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors, from fintech and marketplace to AI and IoT.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Able to collaborate on any phase of the development flow, namely, Database queries, Back-End, Front-End, and DevOps;
- Responsible for writing Unit and Integration Test for BE and FE Code;
- Requirement gathering and project planning rituals.
The Hands-On Experience We Need You to Bring to the Table:
- 4+ years of experience with Web Application Development;
- Experience with traditional Databases, namely MongoDB and PostgreSQL;
- Experience writing “single-threaded” Node.js applications;
- Some experience with modern CSS Frameworks such as TailwindsCSS;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
The Extra Experience We’d Love to See:
- Experience with writing Python or GO applications;
- Experience working with major cloud vendors such as GCP and AWS.
Here’s The Cutting Edge Tech Stack We Use:
- Design: Figma
- State Management: Redux, Akita, Elf, Observable Store, NgRx, Jotai, Zustain;
- APIs: REST, GraphQL;
- Mobile: Flutter, ReactNative, Ionic, Nativescript;
- Back-End: Node.js, Express.js;
- Machine Learning: Python, TensorFlowJS;
- Cloud Services: AWS, GCP, Azure;
- Databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, InfluxDB (TimeSeries);
- CI/CD: CircleCI, GitHub Actions;
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes;
- Testing: Cypress, Jest, Karma;
- Collaboration: Slack, Jira, Notion, Confluence.
What You Can Expect from our Recruitment Process:
Our process starts with us screening your CV. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
- A one-hour interview with our Recruitment Team, so we can get to know you better;
- A technical challenge to solve at home with a deadline of five days;
- A one-and-a-half-hour technical interview to talk about your skills and experience;
- A final one-hour interview to make sure we’re the right fit for you, and you’re the right fit for us.
Once you’ve completed the process we’ll be in touch to let you know whether or not you were successful. If you’re the right fit, we’ll also give you more details on the next steps to becoming an Altarion.
What You Can Expect from Working with Us:
Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
- A competitive salary that aligns with your experience;
- Health Insurance for you and your household;
- We need you to be eligible to work in Portugal and live in either Lisbon, Porto, Aveiro or Braga (or be happy to relocate). While we have a remote-first policy, we encourage you to join us at our informal, pet-friendly office environment in the heart of Lisbon;
- Flexible working hours;
- 25 days of paid vacation;
- Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners and much more.
Full focus on helping you make the most out of your Career:
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential;
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively;
- Global projects with industry-leading clients;
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side.
If you got increasingly excited about Altar while reading this, then we’re just as excited about you! Apply now and let’s see if we can make you the next Altarion.