Are you an experienced Senior Front-End Developer looking to grow in a team of highly-skilled, top-talent innovators while working on multiple products in a range of industries?
If so, Altar may be the right place for you.
With us, you’ll help entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup, Apiax or Coca–Cola.
As a Senior Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for the development of responsive user interfaces in demanding web projects
With us, you’ll not be alone working with these cutting-edge technologies. You’ll be among a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors, from fintech and marketplace to AI and IoT.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a Front-End Developer, you’ll be:
- Taking the wheel of complex application features
- Planning and documenting the development features
- Following Test-Based Development Rituals
- Estimating features with time and precision
- Guaranteeing a good GIT working flow
The Hands-On Experience We Need You to Bring to the Table:
- 4+ years of experience with Web Application Development
- Experience in modern CSS techniques, such as Custom Properties (CSS vars) and CSS precompilers such as SASS
- Practical knowledge of CSS frameworks such as TailwindsCSS, or Bootstrap
- To be capable of realizing innovative, responsive, and dynamic user interfaces
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
The Extra Experience We’d Love to See:
- Experience with open-source and the ability to create UI Libraries/Utilities
- Knowledge of A11Y (accessibility) and i18N (translations)
Here’s The Cutting Edge Tech Stack We Use:
- Figma – for design, prototyping, and design systems
- Angular 2+, React, Vue, Gatsby, HTML, CSS, and SASS – for Front-End development
- Flutter, ReactNative, and Nativescript – for Mobile development
- NodeJS, ExpressJS, and TensorFlowJS – for Back-End development
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform – for Managed APIs
- MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Redis, and InfluxDB (TimeSeries) – for DBA Admin
- Cypress, Jest, and Karma – for Testing
- Jira and Confluence –for collaboration and organization
What You Can Expect from our Recruitment Process:
Our process starts with us screening your CV. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
- A one-hour interview with our People Team, so we can get to know you better
- A technical challenge to solve at home with a deadline of five days
- A one-and-a-half-hour technical interview to talk about your skills and experience
- A final one-hour interview to make sure we’re the right fit for you, and you’re the right fit for us
Once you’ve completed the process we’ll be in touch to let you know whether or not you were successful. If you’re the right fit, we’ll also give you more details on the next steps to becoming an Altarion.
What You Can Expect from Working with Us:
Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
- A competitive salary that aligns with your experience
- Health Insurance for you and your household
- We need you to be eligible to work in Portugal and live in either Lisbon, Porto, Aveiro or Braga (or be happy to relocate). That being said, we have a remote-first policy with the option to join us in an informal, pet-friendly, office environment in the heart of Lisbon
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners and much more.
Full focus on helping you make the most out of your Career
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively
- Global projects with industry-leading clients
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side
If you got increasingly excited about Altar while reading this, then we’re just as excited about you! Apply now and let’s see if we can make you the next Altarion.