Are you looking to start a Product Management career?
Want to learn from a team of highly-skilled, top-talent innovators while working on multiple products in a range of industries?
If so, our Product Trainee Program is the right place for you.
This program will give you experience working with an expert team that helps entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
As a Product Trainee, you’ll be an active member of our Product Team, working closely with entrepreneurs as if you were their co-founder. You’ll practice Lean Management methodology – learning to prioritize and focus on the right features at each phase of a product’s development. You’ll then learn to merge this with the User Experience vision, balancing the technology impact of those decisions in demanding web projects.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup Apiax, or Coca–Cola.
You’ll work in a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors, from fintech and marketplace to AI and IoT. All working at the cutting edge of technology.
At Altar You Will Be Trained to Become a Product Master Mind:
As a Product Trainee, you’ll be learning on the job with experienced Digital Product professionals. You will have the chance to observe and learn from them, as they perform various duties, such as:
- Taking the wheel with new clients as the Product Manager
- Managing complex technical products. In some cases within a product team, and other cases with full ownership and drive the product direction with full autonomy
- Independently manage various products at the same time, organising the process for multiple stakeholders – clients, developers and designers.
- Assist complex sales processes with early product recommendations.
- Create and maintain a product backlog.
- Actively mitigate impediments impacting the successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Use their knowledge of the market, competition, and current trends to define innovative functional solutions to boost Product values
The Hands-On Experience We Need You to Bring to the Table:
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Previous experience in Product is not required
- University degree or equivalent (e.g. 2+ years relevant experience working in a startup environment)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinking with a vision
- Fluid intelligence & abstract reasoning
- Attention to details
- Ability to mix a structured process-centric approach with an out-of-the-box creative mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills
- A hunger to learn and grow
What You Can Expect from our Recruitment Process:
Our process starts with us screening your CV. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
- A one-hour interview with our People and People Teams, so we can get to know you better, your skills and experience.
- A final one-hour interview with our CEO to make sure we’re the right fit for you, and you’re the right fit for us.
Once you’ve completed the process we’ll be in touch to let you know whether or not you were successful. If you’re the right fit, we’ll also give you more details on the next steps to enter the Altar Trainee Program.
What You Can Expect from Working with Us:
- Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
- A competitive salary
- Health Insurance for you and your household
- We need you to be eligible to work in Portugal and live in either Lisbon, Porto, Aveiro or Braga (or be happy to relocate). That being said, we have a remote-first policy with the option to join us in an informal, pet-friendly, office environment in the heart of Lisbon
- Access to Team events, like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners, IMAX Night and much more.
If you got increasingly excited about Altar while reading this, then we’re just as excited about you! Apply now and let’s see if we can make you the next Altarion.